INSTAFOREX LOPRAIS TEAM – Capricious weather and a day off …
The fifth stage was a test of nerves for the crew more than anything else. Our problem with the power steering pump reoccurred 3 times, and the fact that we got to the finish in good health was due to the force majeure. The bivouac that expected us in the finish, was completely flooded. The organizers´ decision to cancel the next stage was reasonable. After spending the night on a closed highway, we moved to La Paz. A stunning place, enchanting landscape, but the weather is bad. It was raining until 10 o´clock of local time and it stopped raining, but there is a lot of mud everywhere and we will see what happens next. In all that the mechanics work hard on technology, and even the necessary spare parts have arrived. We thank the quick connection with a rucksack on the back and we believe that all of this will help us.
January 9, 2017 we await the seventh stage from LA PAZ to UYUNI. It should be the same for all categories, at the length of 622 km, 322 km special section.
We believe that the weather will allow us to drive through the stage in its entirety, without reducing or cancelling. Think of us.
We greet you all!