Win #2 of the season for Nani Roma & MINI JCW Rally
Fastest on two of the four stages
Successful test for the MINI JCW Rally
The pairing of Nani Roma and Alex Haro (ESP) claimed their second win of the season, adding a victory at the Baja Portalegre to their success at the Turkmen Desert Race. Nani and Alex won two of the four special stages in the MINI John Cooper Works Rally.
Only on the prologue and Saturday afternoon’s final stage did they have to settle for second place. Even a flat tyre on stage two could not stop them. Rain made for a slippery route and caused many water crossings. The further-developed MINI John Cooper Works Rally had no issues and completed its final test ahead of January’s Dakar Rally in a successful way.
Nani Roma; “The final stage was not easy. We had two flat tyres, but we are very happy with the result. Regardless of the final stage, it was by no means an easy race, with many winding and tree-lined sections of the route. We won, but the priority for us was to test everything on the car again before the Dakar, and the MINI John Cooper Works Rally was very good. Our next goal is the 2019 Dakar in January, and we are ready.”
Baja Portalegre – Overall result
1. Nani Roma (ESP) / Alex Haro (GER) MINI John Cooper Works Rally – 6h 10m 06s
2. Stéphane Peterhansel (FRA) / David Castera (FRA) MINI John Cooper Works Rally – 6h 11m 04s
3. Paulo Rui Ferreira (PRT) / Jorge Monteiro (PRT) Toyota – 6h 21m 47s
4. João Ramos (PRT) / Victor Jesus (PRT) Toyota – 6h 29m 58s
5. Andrey N. (RUS) / Vladimir N. (RUS) G-Force – 6h 36m 23s