Jan 06, 2021
13th place for Brazilians Guiga Spinelli and Yousseff Haddad showed that the MINI ALL4 Racing remains a fast car in the desert, despite now being in its tenth year. Orlando Terranova and Ronnie Graue (both ARG), and Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS) and Dmitry Tsyro (UKR) ended leg three in 23rd and 24th place in the MINI JCW Rally. The Russian pairing of Victor Khoroshavtsev and Anton Nikolaev finished 26th to claim their best stage result so far.
After four days of rallying, Peterhansel and Boulanger hold the overall lead, courtesy of their consistency to this point. Starting from second place, the MINI JCW Buggy crew initially lost ground after picking up a puncture on stony ground. However, they then negotiated the remaining kilometres without any problems and soon worked their way back into third place.
Team-mate Carlos Sainz was in contention at the start of the stage, but went the wrong way about 156 kilometres in and consequently lost roughly 30 minutes on the leaders. As a result, they had to settle for 21st place on today’s stage.
Stéphane Peterhansel: “There were a lot of big stones at the start. As we suffered a puncture after about 15 kilometres, I decided to drive a little more cautiously afterwards. Then came canyons, beautiful dunes and a fast plateau. It was not a boring leg. The puncture means I am not entirely happy with the result. However, the Buggy was super and Edouard is doing a great job.”
Carlos Sainz: “That was not a good day. We had problems finding a waypoint and consequently lost more than half an hour. That is a lot, and is a great pity. However, there is nothing we can do about it now. We will push on and see what is still possible.”
Guiga Spinelli: “I am very happy. We started from a better position today which made it easier for us to overtake our rivals. Plus, we only had one puncture. We had a consistently good speed from start to finish.”
The Dakar caravan now moves on to the Saudi capital, Riyadh. At a total 813 kilometres, tomorrow’s leg is the longest of this year’s Dakar. However, only 337 kilometres are against the clock.
Result of SS3
1. N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / M. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 3h 17m 39s
2. H. Lategan (RSA) / B. Cummings (RSA) – Toyota – 3h 20m 06s
3. S. Peterhansel (FRA) / E. Boulanger (FRA) – MINI JCW Buggy – 3h 21m 44s
4. Y. Seaidan (KSA) / A, Kuzmich (RUS) – Century – 3h 24m 48s
5. K. Al Qassimi (UAE) / X. Panseri (FRA) – Peugeot – 3h 24m 48s
13. G. Spinelli (BRA) / Y. Haddad (BRA) – MINI ALL4 Racing – 3h 43m 29s
21. C. Sainz /ESP) / L. Cruz (ESP) – MINI JCW Buggy – 3h 48m 41s
23. O. Terranova (ARG) / R. Graue (ARG) – MINI JCW Rally – 3h 49m13s
24. V. Vasilyev (RUS) / D. Tsyro (UKR) – MINI JCW Rally – 3h 50m 01s
26. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) / A. Nikolaev (RUS) – MINI JCW Rally – 3h 54m 04s
Overall standings after SS3
1. S. Peterhansel (FRA) / E. Boulanger (FRA) – MINI JCW Buggy – 10h 39m 02s
2. N. Al-Attiyah (QAT) / M. Baumel (FRA) – Toyota – 10h 44m 11s
3. M. Serradori (FRA) / F. Lurquin (BEL) – Century – 11h 05m 23s
4. C. Sainz /ESP) / L. Cruz (ESP) – MINI JCW Buggy – 11h 12m 36s
5. J. Przygonski (POL) / T. Gottschalk (GER) – Toyota – 11h 23m 24s
14. O. Terranova (ARG) / R. Graue (ARG) – MINI JCW Rally – 11h 51m 25s
15. V. Vasilyev (RUS) / D. Tsyro (UKR) – MINI JCW Rally – 11h 54m 32s
22. G. Spinelli (BRA) / Y. Haddad (BRA) – MINI ALL4 Racing – 12h 19m 23s
29. V. Khoroshavtsev (RUS) / A. Nikolaev (RUS) – MINI JCW Rally – 12h 44m 35s
May 08, 2021 Comments Off on Team BMW aiming to enter BTCC record books in 2021
May 08, 2021 Comments Off on Absolute Alignment becomes official sponsor of Power Maxed Racing’s BTCC campaign
May 08, 2021 Comments Off on T Sport Bernau MAN’s first taste of HVO biodiesel in pre-ETRC test session
May 08, 2021 Comments Off on Jutta returns to Dakar with Extreme E
Comments Off on Team BMW aiming to enter BTCC record books in 2021
Comments Off on Absolute Alignment becomes official sponsor of Power Maxed Racing’s BTCC campaign
Comments Off on T Sport Bernau MAN’s first taste of HVO biodiesel in pre-ETRC test session
Comments Off on Jutta returns to Dakar with Extreme E
Apr 16, 2021TweetThis instalment in Evro’s decade-by-decade series...
Mar 08, 2021TweetTo celebrate International Women’s Day, Alfa Romeo...
Feb 26, 2021TweetHRC are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of...
Feb 07, 2021Tweet*Mid-Atlantic archipelago spectacular hosts new season...
Jan 15, 2021TweetThe Lola Cars Brand, Trademarks, Extensive Technical...
May 08, 2021Tweet As Extreme E heads to Senegal for the Ocean X Prix, we talk to off-road rally legend and Extreme E Championship Driver, Jutta Kleinschmidt about her memories of Dakar and why she’s looking...
Apr 30, 2021
Apr 23, 2021
Apr 16, 2021
Apr 05, 2021